ann1406 — Announcement
Hubblecast 73: Hubble revisits the Monkey Head Nebula for 24th birthday snap
The ESA astronomy podcast, bringing you the latest from the Hubble Space Telescope
17 March 2014
In April of this year, the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope will be celebrating 24 years of observing. To celebrate this milestone, the observatory is releasing a brand new image of part of NGC 2174, otherwise known as the Monkey Head Nebula. This new Hubblecast episode showcases this beautiful image, which views a colourful region filled with young stars embedded among bright wisps of cosmic gas and dust.
This image is to be unveiled at the Science with the Hubble Space Telescope IV conference, held at the prestigious Accademia dei Lincei in Rome from 17–20 March 2014.
- Directed by: Georgia Bladon
- Visual design and editing: Martin Kornmesser
- Written by: Nicola Guttridge/Georgia Bladon & Nikita Marwaha
- Narration: Sara Mendes da Costa
- Images: NASA, ESA
- Videos: Zoom video: NASA, ESA, and G. Bacon (STScI)
- Music: Steve Buick
- Web and technical support: Mathias Andre and Raquel Yumi Shida
- Executive producer: Lars Lindberg Christensen
- Hubblecast 73 can be downloaded in a range of formats including HD here.
- ESA/Hubble release heic1406: Hubble revisits the Monkey Head Nebula for 24th birthday snap
Hubble/ESA, Garching, Germany
About the Announcement